No items found.

Children's Aid Society


Halton Children’s Aid Society has the responsibility of investigating any report of abuse or neglect that has been forwarded to them. EAs work with vulnerable children and may  be in vulnerable situations which can lead to contact with the CAS (Children’s Aid Society). The HDSB Administrative Procedure on Child Abuse – Reporting Procedure includes key points that all members should be aware of. 

EMPLOYEES should CONTACT THE UNION OFFICE AT 905-639-3680 IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT discuss the details of the complaint with anyone else, including your administrator, before you have been advised by HDEAA.  The Union is only notified that someone v  has been sent home.  The Union does not know who to reach out to until the EA contacts us.

Download Linked Documents

Allegations of CAS as an Educational Assistant and Your Duty to Report
Download Document
Download Document
Union Support

How can we assist?